Family Step Outside Program
Sponsored by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ Education Center at Fort Harrison State Park, the FSO program sought to give local Indianapolis families an opportunity to experience new outdoor activities such as fishing, archery, horseback riding, and bird watching. The program was aimed at reaching families who would not otherwise have opportunities or resources to learn about the outdoors. Our staff was fully responsible for the coordination of all program elements and delivery. The main event included a day-long program with 11 concurrent instructional skills sessions and over 150 participants, while subsequent follow-up events targeted smaller groups of families participating in day-trips and hands-on implementation of new outdoor skills.
- Designed all program elements and coordinated event scheduling
- Recruited mentor and guest families
- Coordinated 20+ instructors, session materials, and equipment
- Developed and implemented all program marketing
- Facilitated event fundraising and donations
- Coordinated all event logistics, promotions, and media exposure