Lake of the Woods and McClish Lake Watershed Diagnostic Study
We led the assessment and planning efforts necessary to set water quality improvement goals and complete a comprehensive Watershed Diagnostic Study for the Lake of the Woods and McClish Lake Watershed. The Lake of the Woods and McClish Lake Watershed is located in northeastern Indiana in the counties of LaGrange, Steuben, Noble and DeKalb. It is a small watershed comprised of only 3,370 acres. The watershed is a part of the larger Little Turkey Lake – Turkey Creek Watershed. The effort included engaging stakeholders from the local lakes and larger agricultural watershed. The final report provided Best Management Practice (BMP) recommendations and outlined the next steps necessary for conservation implementation. The Plan met the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Lake and River Enhancement diagnostic study standards and therefore positioned the Lake Associate for future funding.
- Completed full watershed assessment and authored diagnostic study
- Led strategic planning discussion, facilitated meetings, and built consensus among residents regarding lake management strategies
- Conducted environmental assessments and develop project GIS
- Synthesized and communicated water quality findings to the public
- Identified specific lake management recommendations
- Developed public education and outreach strategies