The creative energy of our team has helped us received some much appreciated recognition among our peers and professional organizations. Our President and principal owner, Jill Hoffmann, was recognized as the Water Conservationist of the Year 2009. The award recognizes one such leader statewide each year and is given out by the Indiana Wildlife Federation.
We have also been recognized indirectly for our innovation and creativity associated with the development and implementation of the White River Alliance’s nationally-award-winning program, Clear Choices Clean Water. This program has won:
- the Outstanding Achievement Award for Private Sector Innovation from the Indiana Water Resources Association in 2011
- the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence in Outreach and Education in 2012
- the North American Lake Management Society Technical Merit Award for Education and Outreach in 2013
- the Indiana Water Environment Association’s Outstanding Website Award in 2014, and
- the Indiana Department of Environmental Management’s award for Outstanding Development and Implementation of Storm Water Programs or Projects in 2015.
The development of the Alliance’s Clear Choices Clean Water campaign is the pride and joy of our team – it gives everyone a chance to positively change their environment by recognizing the impact of one small change – Check out at www.indiana.clearchoicescleanwater.org. We are now working on the expansion and launch of the program nation-wide, including the recent addition of the first national Clear Choices’ affiliate in the Pennsylvania/New York area in early 2016! We expect our efforts on this cutting-edge social marketing program to garner even more national recognition as it grows.